Witnessing a huge spider right in your house can scare the hell out of you! It is the Giant Huntsman Spider, one of the largest Sunshine Coast spiders. Anyone who has chased a giant Huntsman can understand that these arachnids are pretty fast!
Most Huntsman’s are long-lived, with a life expectancy of about 2-2.5 years. All Huntsman spiders are ambush predators and are pretty active at night.
You can commonly encounter spiders under the sun visors of your car or hiding behind the curtains in your home. These are some of the key areas for pest inspection in Sunshine Coast. Depending on your locality and the climatic conditions, different spider species may want to wander inside your home.
In Caloundra, the residents have no idea that a ground-dwelling Funnel Web Spider can come inside their home. The Funnel Web Spiders are very toxic and if bitten, a person may require immediate medical aid.
Let’s take a look at some interesting facts about Funnel Web Spiders – one of the deadliest Australian house spiders!
- The funnel web spiders are found in the forests and urban areas throughout the Sunshine Coast. You can also encounter them in your backyard!
- They bite with their powerful fangs and their venom is strong enough to kill an adult human.
- Like many other species of Sunshine Coast spiders, funnel web spiders also feed mainly on insects. During intense cravings, they can also eat small frogs and lizards.
- Their fangs are larger than that of a snake and leave a clear fang bite mark. They can easily pierce through a leather jacket or shoes.
- There have been 13 recorded deaths due to funnel web spider’s bite! However, only one in six bites is serious.
- Female funnel web spiders live in colonies of up to and over 100 spiders!
- The male funnel web spiders are one of the most introverted Australian house spiders as they generally live alone!
- They make small burrows in the ground and line their burrows with silk. Their home is a funnel-shaped web of silk and the entrance usually opens into the shape of a Y or T.
- They love to hide in sheltered and humid places – usually under houses or holes in trees.
- Being one of the most venomous Sunshine Coast spiders, the male holds venom up to six times more toxic than the female.
If you notice any signs of spiders in your house, immediately contact the most trusted spider exterminators in your area. Always trust a company who can understand the spider species and provide you the best form of treatment.
Safeguard Pest Control provides professional arachnoid control services like pest inspection in Sunshine Coast. Our spider extermination tactics involve a blend of internal and external perimeter treatment techniques.
If you’re an Arachnophobic or feeling scared after encountering a giant spider, don’t panic! Contact us to get rid of the crawling intruders.
SUNSHINE COAST SPIDERS LOCATIONS
SUNSHINE COAST SPIDERS MOOLOOLABA
SUNSHINE COAST SPIDERS BUDERIM
SUNSHINE COAST SPIDERS COOLUM
SUNSHINE COAST SPIDERS NOOSA
SUNSHINE COAST SPIDERS PELICAN WATERS
SUNSHINE COAST SPIDERS CALOUNDRA
SUNSHINE COAST SPIDERS KAWANA WATERS