Mice and other rodent species may look cute in cartoons but they’re quite antagonistic! It is pretty difficult to catch a mouse as they can squeeze through a 0.6cm gap! There are some other interesting facts about mice that you should know!
These hairy rodents are a big issue lurking around your house and can spread nasty diseases. Even a seemingly-perfect apartment can be indelibly marred if it is affected by a mice infestation.
A mouse can hardly survive more than a year in the wild. But in your home, they are known to live for somewhere around 2-3 years. They can jump more than their size – Up to 18 inches in the air.
Mice and rats are very intelligent creatures and may lead to a hot pursuit while you chase them. If you’ve encountered a rat or mice lurking around your house, you should immediately hire experts for mice control.
Mice and rats can multiply rapidly in number as a single female rodent can produce a litter almost 6 times a year! Mice and rats cause more than one billion dollars of damage in Australia alone.
Let’s take a look at some interesting facts about mice:
- Mice may play dead if they’re frightened and don’t have an escape plan.
- Mice need to keep eating all the time! They can eat anything and chew through anything that is softer than their teeth.
- Mice and rodents are neat freaks! They organize their habitat into different sections – eating, sleeping, and defecating.
- Rodents have a sharp sense of smell! They use a number of pheromones for communication.
- They can easily listen to your silent footsteps! Their hearing sense works both in the human range and the ultrasonic range.
- Winter is here and so are mice! They enter your house when it’s cold to feed on more abundant food sources.
- Mice and rats have weak eyesight but they can see best in dim light.
- Mice and other rodents have a set of destructive incisor teeth that never stop growing. Their teeth grow up to 0.3mm a day!
- Along with their impressive jumping skills, mice and rodents are also amazing at climbing!
- Just like some of the great explorers of our time, mice and rats are keen adventurers! They love to explore their territory in search of available food sources on a daily basis.
A mouse infestation can cause havoc in your house. They can destroy your furniture and chew on electrical wires that in turn can lead to electrical fires and other disastrous outcomes.
Need help to get rid of mice in your home or business? Safeguard Pest Control provides expert mice control services in Sunshine Coast.
If you’re Musophobic and worried about these intruders!
Don’t worry! We’re just a call away,
FACTS ABOUT MICE LOCATIONS
FACTS ABOUT MICE MOOLOOLABA
FACTS ABOUT MICE BUDERIM
FACTS ABOUT MICE COOLUM
FACTS ABOUT MICE NOOSA
FACTS ABOUT MICE PELICAN WATERS
FACTS ABOUT MICE SPIDERS CALOUNDRA